Family respite is available where parents of children with special needs can arrange for support in their own home.
Respite consists of a contract with child and family services (Human Services – Government of Alberta) for a specific number of hours per week, month or year.
Advice and support is available from agency staff. Call the Home Living Supports department for guidance.
Families with children who have special needs often benefit from connecting with other families with similar as situations. SPAN will help you connect to people who have shared your experience and can offer moral support.
Family Consultation & Specialized Services
SPAN supports families that are looking for services. Most services delivered by the agency are individualized and therefore available to modify based on their family’s needs.
Specialized supports are often available either through the agency or from recourses attainable from other profession supports.
SPAN staff is always available to consult with families searching for sources and also services. See ‘Personal Advocate’.
We’ll help you find answers and facilitate links with other supports. Links can include:
- Supports and Services
- Planning – Transition to adulthood
- Case Supports
- Community Connections
Newsletter Sign Up
- Volunteer, Community Capacity and Team Builder of the month of JanuaryPosted on: 2019-02-19 20:39:04
- January Staff of the monthPosted on: 2019-02-19 20:23:00
- Human Resource ManagerPosted on: 2018-12-04 18:04:24
- Christmas Party 2018 Award WinnersPosted on: 2018-12-04 18:03:11
- September Volunteer, Team Builder and Community Capacity of the MonthPosted on: 2018-11-06 21:42:53