Living in a community is more than having your own place. It is about your quality of life. We measure quality of life by determining 8 different domains including: Rights, Social Inclusion, Interpersonal relationships, self-determination, personal development, material well-being, physical well-being and emotional health.
Whether handicapped or not, every person needs to feel like they have some control over their lives. They need friends, a sense that they are contributing, and a set of personal goals.
SPAN works individually with people to identify where they want support, and then designs an individual plan to help people achieve their stated quality of life expectations.
SPAN’s goals focus on creating opportunities where people can lead fulfilling lives, than develop relationships, and contribute meaningfully. SPAN’s focus is not happiness, but rather a quality of life.
Newsletter Sign Up
- Volunteer, Community Capacity and Team Builder of the month of JanuaryPosted on: 2019-02-19 20:39:04
- January Staff of the monthPosted on: 2019-02-19 20:23:00
- Human Resource ManagerPosted on: 2018-12-04 18:04:24
- Christmas Party 2018 Award WinnersPosted on: 2018-12-04 18:03:11
- September Volunteer, Team Builder and Community Capacity of the MonthPosted on: 2018-11-06 21:42:53