To create environments where people receiving service maximize their potential and live quality, contributing lives.
The St. Paul Abilities Network (Society) was founded in 1964 by parents and volunteers wanting education for their children with special needs. SPAN began as a charity, and after years of lobbying and fundraising we opened the regions’ first school to support children with special needs in Northern Alberta.
Children came from across the north to be educated; as the school began to attract students, the demand for a place for children to live became apparent. In 1971 our first home was opened.
Successfully run by volunteers, SPAN soon needed adult supports, and so Residence number 2, 3 and Habitat were created.
SPAN has grown with the needs of families and community. As gaps were identified, the Board worked to find solutions. This included accessible housing, mental health programming and work places for people with disabilities.
Well into its 5th decade of service, SPAN has grown now to serve over 200 vulnerable Albertans across a wide spectrum of needs. Our focus has always been to build the capacity in our community to welcome all people’s and support individuals to realize their potential.
Ask us how we can assist you.
Newsletter Sign Up
- Children's Christmas PartyPosted on: 2017-11-16 22:33:30
- SPAN's Christmas PartyPosted on: 2017-11-16 22:31:43
- November Volunteer, Team Builder & Community Capacity of the monthPosted on: 2017-11-16 21:50:38
- November Staff of the MonthPosted on: 2017-11-16 21:46:45
- October Volunteer, Team Builder & Community Capacity of the MonthPosted on: 2017-11-16 21:44:47